BioFilm aims to be at the forefront of new developments in the global wound care market.
Our range of film technologies is well suited to the manufacture of advanced wound care and haemostasis applications designed to aid the healing process. These novel films can be specifically developed for use in a number of wound conditions from minor First Aid situations through to complex surgical procedures.
BioFilm’s expertise lies in developing films using hydrocolloids, cellulosics or collagen to deliver the desired level of active ingredient to the wound site. Using a variety of polymers from fast dissolving to those that are slowly absorbed by the body, the actives are released in a controlled manner into the wound to promote healing and/or bring about haemostasis.
Benefits of the Film Delivery System
- Target dosage and ease of placement
- Controlled release of active ingredient directly into wound to promote healing and bring about haemostasis
- Collagen has unique properties for wound healing applications
- Solubility of films can be varied to offer desired protection
In 2004, BioFilm developed a topical haemostat strip for the consumer First Aid market on behalf of Alltracel, an Irish medical company. The carrier film dissolves when in contact with the blood, releasing the haemostatic active which coagulates the blood. This product was CE marked and BioFilm has joint intellectual property rights.
BioFilm is Europe’s No 1 producer of soluble and absorbable thin films. We provide a fully integrated service which means we can take innovative new concepts right through from the initial research stages to advanced product development, manufacture, packaging and delivery. We work with a number of US and European companies to develop and manufacture new products delivering active ingredients utilising the thin film delivery system.
We believe our partners benefit from our flexible approach: we are delighted to work with them on a variety of levels (such as development contracts, manufacture and supply agreements, shared IP etc) or can offer them the full one-stop shop service which will take their concept through from research and development to manufacture, packaging and supply.
- Leading edge product research & development expertise
- ISO 13485 medical device accreditation which allows us to CE mark our products
- US FDA accredited quality system regulations
- Class 10,000 (EU Grade C) clean room facilities
- Single film dosage pouch capability – the first in Europe
- Flexible manufacturing capability allowing for small scale batches through to full commercial scale to be produced in a continuous manner\
- Unique collagen expertise
For further information, please contact:-